Shirley Hills Baptist Church in Warner Robins, GA, is seeking an innovative and energetic Director of Creative Arts to assist in expanding its gospel impact through visual arts and branding related to the church and its ministries - including digital, print, social media, and video platforms. This position will report to and work in coordination with the Associate Pastor of Worship in a comprehensive creative process to enhance the church’s messaging and engagement with the current culture. The Director of Creative Arts is not just an “artist” position, but a ministry position with a love for the gospel message and the church at its heart.
Candidates must have a minimum of a high school diploma and a demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software as well as a broad-based knowledge and practice in social media. A college degree and 2-3 years of directly related experience is preferred. Prior work in or understanding of a church environment would be beneficial, but is not required. Experience with Final Cut, ProPresenter, and website building services is also preferred.
1. Constantly seek to grow spiritually; be committed to a daily period of prayer and Bible study.
2. Be a positive and cheerful representative of Jesus Christ and SHBC at all times.
3. Coordinate with Lead Pastor and Worship Pastor on graphic branding related to weekly message series.
4. Keep church website updated with information and appropriate graphics, weekly messages and media, and ongoing ministry updates.
5. Graphic design and updating of exterior church digital sign.
6. Video editing and post-production of weekly message video. Creative development and production/editing of other church video for website, service usage, ministry promotion, etc.
7. Development and implementation of church social media strategy, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other outlets as warranted and developed.
8. Production of weekly worship service and message slides in ProPresenter.
9. Production of print media, including church newsletter, as scheduled and needed.
10. Assistance in creatively developing and constructing stage set design for message series, special services, holidays, etc.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor or Worship Pastor.
1. Work is performed inside with normal indoor lighting and controlled temperature. Outside exposure may be necessary occasionally.
2. May require sitting and standing for extended periods.
3. Requires lengthy utilization of a personal computer.
This is a full-time position and the total compensation package will be based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. For the full job description and to learn more about Shirley Hills, visit us online at www.shirleyhills.com/jobs.